George Lucas proposes affordable housing plan (May 17, 2012)
Filmmaker George Lucas appears to be moving forward with plans to build low-income housing on the Marin County property where he originally proposed erecting a new film studio. Lucas abandoned the studio plans last month following opposition from some neighbors who complained about its size and raised concerns about traffic. But the San Francisco Chronicle reports the filmmaker is still moving ahead with his proposal for low-income housing on Grady Ranch. The Marin Community Foundation announced Tuesday that it is working with Lucasfilm to explore options for affordable housing on the site. Foundation President and CEO Thomas Peters says Lucas has agreed to make technical studies of the property available.
Video Rating: 5 / 5
- Hialeah Housing Authority Florida Section 8 or Plan 8 Offices Video
- Affordable Housing Easy Build Portable Cabins DIY Assembly
- Seniors line up for affordable housing (EHDOC)
- Franciscan Vistas Ewa Senior Affordable Housing
- Partners in Housing: Multifamily Preservation Training Lesson 2 07/19/2012