Apartments for Low Income

Questions and Answers

Your Questions About Apartment Guide

August 16, 2013

James asks…

how do i find a rental apartment in Vellore, tamilnadu?

I need to rent an apartment close to the hospital as my niece has to undergo several tests.

Administrator answers:

You mean the, vellore. There are so many lodges around the hospital with facilities. If you need a rental apartment, you can get it with a maximum distance of 2 kilometers. You can get it at sathuvachari area, katpadi gandhinagar areas. If your stay need more than a month, the rental apartment is best and if it is within a week, the lodging facility is best. Decide yourself. The hospital receptionist will assist and guide you properly.

Charles asks…

Can a landlord enter my apartment every day to “inspect” as a way to get me to leave? What are my rights?

Wisconsin. I am moving in a few months. My mother just passed away last week and I am late with the rent. My landlord is threatening to enter my apartment every day to inspect the place as a way to get me to leave early. Is this harassment?

Administrator answers:

You can get a copy of the applicable laws and “The Wisconsin Way: A Guide for Landlords and Tenants” from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (first link below). Call its toll-free number, (800) 422-7128. You’ll also find copies of current Wisconsin Statutes at your public library. Check the index under “Landlord and Tenant.”.

“A landlord has the right to inspect, repair, and show the premises reasonable times. Except for emergency situations, the landlord may only after a 12-hour advance notice unless you allow entry on shorter notice.” (second link)

The third link is a link to the Wisconsin State Library and it is a page that lists the Landlord/Tenent Law.

Your landlord is obviously looking for anything incriminating…or may be seeking to see what he will need to do in repairs. Just don’t have anything IN your apartment that will potentially get you evicted sooner than you want to leave. Look over the law, and as long as he gives you 12 hour notice…or if you grant him shorter notice…everything should be OK. “Notice” can be verbal. Its an issue only when he is taking advantage and harrasing you…such as what seems to be, in this case? Don’t sweat it. He’s just being a thorn in your side, but if everything is by the book…its his right. If its not by the book, speak to him, tell him you do have Tenent rights according to Wisconsin Law, and that you would appreciate it if he abide by them, since you abide by them…being a law abiding citizen of Wisconsin, and all. Give him a verbal warning (make note of this–do it in front of one of your relatives or friends), and two written warnings, and…if he still is insistant, call the police and file a complaint.

Good Luck!

Maria asks…

Can my student loans for college include housing or apartments?

I live in New York, I wanna go to college in cali. I’m not sure my grades permit me to go to a university right away so I have to and I want to go to a community college.

The problem is none of the community colleges there include housing. So will a student loan cover an apartment or something for me to live in while im there?

Administrator answers:

I think first you should do the FAFSA and see what your EFC is. That will determine a ballpark of how much aid you could get. You need to do a financial aid budget also called cost of attendance COA. Total up tuition, fees, housing/meals (room and board), books, personal expenses and travel expenses. This is how much you will need to attend.

You can try and see if they will accept you into a university. If you have good high school participation, volunteering and work history you may still get in. I would just try either way.

Now out of state tuition is very expensive. If you dont qualify for many grants and even if you do it will not cover everything and you and/or your parents would need to take out loans to cover those costs to attend (federal loans like staffords, perkins, direct) or if they dont offer you any or enough of those you would need in addition a private loan. This could cause you to go into big debt.

The rule of thumb borrowing for college is not to borrow more than you will make your first year with your degree.

When you fill out the FAFSA you indicate what housing you want, off campus, on campus or with parents. The college will use this when they do a financial aid budget for you including all those things I mentioned above. If you pick at home they will budget nothing for you and usually if you pick off or on campus they budget the same amount. However, after you get your federal aid grants and loans that money will go into your college account first and the college will first take out their charges for tuition, fees, dorm and meal plan and anything left will be refunded to you to spend on other college expenses. If you dont even get enough to cover the collegte charges you would need to put money into that account. If you get a refund but its not enough to cover all your expenses that is where the private loan would come in which that should be a last resort.

In summary, apply to universities as you may get in you never know, keep your costs down by attending college in state, find a college with the academics you need for your degree that you feel is safe and you would feel comfortable attending. If you EFC is high and you do not think you will qualifyf or much aid you can attend community college for awhile or for the duration. Just go to college however you have because its important.

There is no need for housing in a community college so you are on your own in those cases to room with someone or get your own apartment.


Joseph asks…

what’s the best way to lay new linoleum on a kitchen floor?

it’s for an apartment job. already tore up old linoleum (squares) and supposed to put down new (out of a big roll) next week. help! what tools, best adhesive, best procedure so that i’m not cutting and recutting to fit, etc.

Administrator answers:

Unless the floor is an “interflex” floor, DON’T staple it on the edges. MANY floors are now “interflex” for the DIY’ers, but not all.

Ok, so you pulled up your floor, no big deal. Now it is time to put down the new floor. Armstrong GUARANTEES that you will NOT make a mistake, and that the floor will be installed BY YOU. If you make a mistake, Armstrong REPLACES THE FLOORING MATERIAL for you … It’s that simple. Here is the SIMPLE steps you must follow to have your DIY floor guaranteed:
Vinyl Sheet Guaranteed Installation Kit


1. Purchase Armstrong do-it-yourself sheet flooring.

2. Purchase an Armstrong Guaranteed Installation Kit, available at most Home Depot and Lowe’s stores where Armstrong sheet vinyl is sold, and follow all recommended installation procedures in the Installation Guide. The Guaranteed Installation Kit must be purchased at the same store as the flooring or the Do-It-Yourself Guarantee is invalid.

3. If you make a mistake and miscut or damage the new flooring (i.e., incorrectly tracing the outline of your room onto the new flooring, miscutting the material, or damaging the floor when fitting it into your room), return both the flooring and used kit, with your paper pattern, to the place of purchase within 30 DAYS along with your original dated sales receipts.

If you meet these guidelines, the retailer will replace your floor (maximum 26 square yards) with another floor of the same design, color, and dimension as the original floor and give you a new Guaranteed Installation Kit – FREE.

Whether you have purchased all of the above or not, simply read the installation instructions that comes with your type of vinyl. If it is Armstrong, you can find the DIY instructions at:

Servicing the building industry since 1980

Betty asks…

What can I do to prepare for buying my first home?

I want to try to buy an apartment this year. I am saving money for a deposit, I have an appointment with a mortgage broker to work out my finances, I have started looking at apartments in the area I want to buy. What else can I do at this stage to prepare?

Administrator answers:

You are in Australia right?

Firstly educate yourself about the process of buying a home. This will vary depending on the state you live in.

Next you will need a good conveyancer or solicitor to handle the purchase. Its a good idea to find them before buying the property.

While looking for a conveyancer get your loan pre-approved. This will save you time when you find the right property.

Sometimes it is better to buy with no deposit than to save a deposit. Usually when house prices are rising or you find a house you really like. No deposit loans are quite cheap if you are buying a property under $300,000. Above $300,000 they are fairly expensive so it may be better to have a 5% deposit to reduce your Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) premium.

I found a good guide for how to buy a property here it is for non residents however it explains Australia’s property buying process in simple terms so may be of some help.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Related posts:

  1. Your Questions About Apartment Guide
  2. Your Questions About Apartment Guide
  3. Your Questions About Apartment Guide
  4. Your Questions About Apartment Guide
  5. Your Questions About Apartment Guide