Apartments for Low Income

Questions and Answers

Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent

June 3, 2012

James asks…

how to get rid of german roaches?

i live in an apartment and it has become infested when i first moved in i didnt see any after 3 days of me being there they start to come out the neighbor had moved now there infested they crawl on my kids at nite ive seen it my self my land loard is getting 700 a month rent from section 8 hud and all he did was gave me a bottle of spray and said spray but the spray dosent work its gotten so bad that they are in the living room and bedrooms they crawl on me and my children and im a clean freak my house is spotless and my land loard wont do nothing how can i get rid of this problem i dont have much money so i need to know how to eliminate thios problem please help me

Administrator answers:

Sorry to read this.
I found a site that offers alternative (non-chemical) ways to kills bugs on
As for the landlord you would have to check under your state for section8 all the sites I looked at said that they are “suppossed” to take care of that kind of problem.
Good Luck!

Jenny asks…

what to expect when going through the section 8 process?

I am going to apply for section 8 and or HUD and i want to know what other people have gone through and what to expect. how bad would i have to screw up or do wrong to be denied. do i have to previously own or rent a home or apartment, or have utility’s in my name? none if the bills are in my name? theirs currently 4 of us squished into a 2 bedroom apt. And lastly what should i expect at the appointments , and can my boyfriend live with us hes my children’s father. thank you in advanced.

Administrator answers:

Landlords will screen you the same as they would any other tenant. The only difference is that they will not require you to make the income requirements. You do not have to have owned before, but good rental history is needed.

Your boyfriend cannot live with you unless he is included on your Section 8. If you get a place and move him in without approval then you will get evicted and lose your Section 8.

You will be required to pay your own utilities.

As far as what to expect at appointments: Just be honest, provide all the info they ask for and you should be fine.

Helen asks…

I just signed a lease for my mothers apartment?

My name is on the lease and because Im over 18 and live with her part time I had to sign as well. Problem is I didnt know what I was doing until I talked to my father about it and now Im scared as hell….. He says that because I signed it, if she doesn’t pay her rent or ruins something in the apartment that they could come after me for it. My mother didnt tell me this, she had insisted it was no big deal and it was just normal routine. She has a HUD voucher or whatever and only will have to pay a portion of her rent and utilities so Im not horribly worried but she has my young niece who has awful habits (tempers, drawing on walls, breaking things etc) and I think theres a good chance that something may get ruined and I know my mother probably wont be able to afford to fix it. Is my father right? Would they really come after me and will any of this crap effect my credit or anything else? Please help, any information on how this all could come back on me and if theres any way out of it would be great. I made a huge mistake and should have checked everything out first.

Administrator answers:

Yep, you signed it and are responsible if your Mom backs out. You might have some legal out if you ask a lawyer how you can opt out of your mom’s business. It’s worth a try, anyway.
It is unlikely that they would come after you unless there is MAJOR damage and mom moves out with no forwarding address. If they do contact you, just give them your mom’s new address.

Advice- don’t sign anything for anyone-ever! Good luck!

Mandy asks…

Can welfare help me with a small cheap apartment?

Hi i’m 20 years old about to turn 21 i live with my mom and her boyfriend, her boyfriend is like most mother’s boyfriends he’s rude and mean he doesn’t want me to be here he just wants for him and my mom to be together and live by themselfs which i understand he always picks little things i do to get mad about and sometimes i stick up for myself and he will say pack your crap and move out! But my mom talks to him and he doesn’t bring it up for awhile by the way he pays all the bills my mom don’t work because she has back problems so she doesn’t like to fight with her boyfriend because she knows he can leave her and she will have nothing.

And i’m getting tired of living in his home because he’s a smoker and he smokes 2 packs a day and i have a 10 month old baby and he doesn’t care he still smokes and when my mom asked him if he can go outside and smoke because the baby he says no this is my house i smoke when i want where i want. And i don’t understand why he has to be so rude i know he just want it to be him and my mom but still he’s just plane mean.

Yes i do have a job but my checks are not much at all, i’m thinking about getting a second job too

But yes i was wanting to know can welfare help me pay for an apartment? I know it’s not gonna pay all the bills and all the rent but just a little help with money would be wonderful!
And I live in Texas if y’all needed to know that!
And if y’all know how much the welfare will give a month that would be helpful as well!
If i do get an apartment i would just need some help with rent and i know of an once bedroom that that has free water and the rent is less then $500.
And i heard of the HUD housing but where i live there is no more room on the list which kinda sucks.
Cause HUD could of helped me out big time!
Thank You!! Gob Bless!! :)
I met “i know of an ONE bedroom” Not a once bedroom lol sorry about that!

Administrator answers:

Get a job and, if you still cannot afford it, get a roommate to help. Stop trying to get taxpayers to pay for you.

George asks…

I’ve been approved for Section 8????

I have a family of 4 (me, my husband, and my 2 kids). We found an apartment for $550 a month..Do you think HUD will cover the cost for the rent?

Administrator answers:

I hear you say that you are approve ed for section 8, I used to work for them, ok so when you were notified they will tell you what they are going to pay for your rent. This is all based on the income from you and your husband. To make it clear you are assigned a caseworker that will go over everything, what they will pay and what you will pay, every question you have will be answered. Best wishes to you and your family.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Related posts:

  1. Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent
  2. Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent
  3. Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent
  4. Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent
  5. Your Questions About Hud Apartments Rent